Are you using solar power? If so, you can reduce the cost of power by more than 80% with solar power systems, which is on top of the 80% reduction in energy the Reclaim system uses to make hot water! This means more solar power for your air conditioner and other appliances, to make them even cheaper to operate. That’s why heat pump hot water heaters and solar power go together so well!
HOW THE RECLAIM ENERGY CO2 HEAT PUMP HOT WATER SYSTEM WORKS
The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System consists of a heat pump (compressor) and a storage tank (stainless steel or glass-lined). Heat is collected from the surrounding air through the system’s heat exchange and used as energy to heat up an ozone-friendly CO2 pressurised refrigerant. The unit can supply over five units of heat energy from ambient air for each unit of electricity it consumes. This minimises the cost of energy used to produce hot water. The CO2 Heat Pump has excellent cold weather performance characteristics, negating the need for a boosting element to supplement heating for the unit.
1. Uses heat energy in air
Ambient temperature air contains plenty of heat energy
2. Heat pump concentrates heat energy
Reclaim compressor concentrates heat energy from air using natural CO2 refrigerant
3. Cylinder heated by heat pump
Heat energy is transferred from CO2 refrigerant to cold water by heat exchanger in compressor.
4. Hot water fills cylinder from top down
In a single pass through the compressor hot water at 63°C is returned to the top of the cylinder.
5. Heat pump turned off when full cylinder is hot
Reclaim controller turns heat pump compressor off once sensor in cylinder reaches 60°C
Massive power savings
Standard electric hot water
14-18kWh per day
Reclaim Energy Heat Pump
3-4kWh per day
REDUCE ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND COSTS WITH THE RECLAIM ENERGY CO2 HEAT PUMP HOT WATER SYSTEM
Enhance the reduction in energy consumption and costs our heat system offers by combining the system with your solar power system. The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump has an average of 3 kWh electric input for a 315 L hot water delivery. This is equivalent to having a battery for your home. Our heat pump consumes excess PV during peak sun hours to maximise savings and utilises existing energy produced by your system rather sending it back to the grid.
With a Smart Controller, you can be sure that your Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System provides an efficient hot water solution at a low operating cost. The controller allows you to choose how and when the hot water system operates.
- 4 pre-set options including PV operational window (i.e. 10 am-4 pm) to help minimise hot water costs.
- 5th option allows custom requirements via the setting of two operational windows
- Access hot water on demand via a single shot boost
- Reduce operational costs through off-peak management
- Continuous hot water with a set and forget feature
- Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump
THE RECLAIM ENERGY CO2 HEAT PUMP HOT WATER SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
- Energy efficient and money saving
- Easy to install
- Glass Lined Enamel and Stainless-Steel tank options
- Top down Heat Pump
Our Heat Pumps employ top-down return heating for quick water recovery. This is because hot water typically returns to the top of the tank (unlike electric systems where heat is generated from the bottom of the tank and hot water in unavailable for the next 2-3 hours of element activation).
- CO2 refrigerant ideally suited to excel in cold weather conditions
CO2 refrigerant naturally environmentally friendly
- High coefficient of performance (COP) creating high energy from low energy input
- Quietest system on the market with an average noise level of 37dB
- One shot boost function for continuous hot water
- Designed to use excess PV generation rather than exporting it to the grid
- Smart Controller allows control over energy costs and consumption
- STC and VEEC approved
The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System caters for all Australian conditions with Stainless Steel and Glass Lined Enamel storage tanks available.
- Available in two variations – Tall and Squat
- Suitable for all non-high mineral, or bore water applications
Glass Lined Enamel
- Suitable for all water types, including high mineral and bore water
- Enamel coated, so no matter where you live it will suit your needs
Smart external controller
Customise your hot water settings at the touch of a button using the controller’s 5 pre-set control options. Choose to optimise your PV generation, or for households without PV, set the unit to operate on the cheapest tariffs to ensure the household energy budget is controlled. You will never be without hot water thanks to the single shot boost feature, which can be activated no matter what option is selected.
Smart Controller Options:
In all options, the heat pump turn-on is based on 59C temperature on the tank thermistor for the first cycle of day (i.e. if temperature less than 59C, turn on the heat pump to reach 59C- to meet the legionella requirement daily) and the second cycle turn on temperature is 37 C. In all options, the heat pump can run less or more than the operation window when/if the set point temperature of 59C is reached.
- Option 1 – a default mode that runs the system 24/7, turning on and off through the tank thermistor.
- Option 2 – Off Peak 1 Mode commences at 2200 hours (10pm) and remains active for 9 hours.
- Option 3 – Off Peak 2 Mode commences at 1200 hours (12pm) and remains active for 6 hours.
- Option 4 – a preset mode for customers with PV systems. The system will receive power from the time of day that the PV system is producing power the most. 10am for a period of 6 hours, or until System has reached 59C. The PV system creates power and feeds the CO2 Heat Pump to heat the water for free, instead of going back into the grid.
- Option 5 – allows the setting of two operational windows based on custom requirements.
THE RECLAIM ENERGY CO2 HEAT PUMP HOT WATER SYSTEM IS THE PERFECT HOT WATER SOLUTION
- Average annual energy savings of up to 80% for hot water heating
- Average daily consumption of 3 kWh electric energy for 315L hot water delivery
- Top-down heating and fast hot water production: 110 L/hr
- Up to 6 years warranty on heat pump and 15 years warranty on tank**
- Save even more with government hot water rebate
- Quietest system on the market with an average noise level of 37dB
- Ozone friendly CO2 refrigerant
- Built-in frost control operation
- Built in legionella control operation
- Smart top down heating mechanism for faster hot water access and recovery
- Superb cold weather performance
* Estimates based on results of field trials carried out in Australia across 2018. Energy usage per household will vary based on individual requirements and location.
** Reclaim Energy Stainless Steel Tanks come with a 15-year warranty.
80% MORE POWER FOR YOUR HOME WHEN USING A HEAT PUMP
A 315 litre electric hot water tank was replaced by a Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump.
Solar Analytics was already in place so that real data was available for usage before and after the Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump installation.
Daily power consumption was reduced by over 80%:
- Before Heat Pump installation: 14-20kWh/day
- After Heat Pump installation: 2-4kWh/day